February 22, 2016

Thank You Card - Faux Decoupage

Flowers are always a wonderful way to say "Thank You". This wonderful flower stamp set was the Close to My Heart "Stamp of the Month" set for January. I really love this set since it contains a big and a small flower, these cute branches and some sentiments. 

I started this card with a white card base, topped with a piece of Slate cardstock from Close to My Heart. The grey piece is cut at 4"x 5 1/4". 
Now to the stamping part. You need a piece of 3 3/4"x 5" white cardstock. 
I used a lighter grey ink called "Whisper" for the branches. The flowers were stamped in "Daisy White", "Pixie" and "Pomegranate" ink.

First I used the flower detail stamp and white ink to stamp the three flowers. After the ink dried over night I stamped the full flower image over the white detail in the "Pixie" ink. Next I used the detailed flower stamp and the darker ink "Pomegranate" and lined it up with the image. I stamped three extra flower outlines on a post-it note and cut the out. This is called a mask. You take the three cut outs and place them on the stamped flowers. 
Now you can use your branch image and fill in the bottom part of your image without stamping on your flowers. These are protected by the masks. Once you are satisfied with the background simply remove the masks and you created a pretty 3-D like image. 


I used black ink to stamp my "Thank You" and some clear embossing powder to make it look more finished.
Place a piece of ribbon around the stamped cardstock and glue it tied on the back. Now add some strong adhesive to the whole cardstock and adhere it to the grey portion. A little bow and a rhinestone will finish off this card.

Oh and don't forget to decorate the inside of your card and the envelope!

Like to learn how to make this and other cards seen here on the blog? 

Contact me for more information about classes and schedules. Come join me for some fun time....all supplies will be included in the class.

Stay tuned for more creations to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment