January 12, 2016

Dancing Hippo....Tu Tu Cute

Although our nieces birthday was in December, I thought I share this cute hippo with the tutu with you all.

The Close to My Heart Stamp Set is called "Safari Ballet" (A1180) and is just to cute, don't you think?

I thought to make the card even more interesting for a 5 year old, wouldn't it be nice if the Hippo Ballerina could dance too? Here is my solution for it:
I die-cut an oval into the front of my card base and created two cardstock pieces (Lagoon color) for the front and the inside of the card.
I stamped the Hippo twice on white cardstock, colored it in and hand cut it just around the edge. 
I adhered a silver thread on the front of the card centered in the middle of the oval. I placed the two lagoon cardstock pieces with a nice strong adhesive on the front and the inside of the card. I stamped a few stars and snowflakes in silver on the front and a little phrase in black ink.


Our white glitter paper, which is one of the three sheets of the "Gold Glitter Paper" (Z3076) package makes a beautiful trim edge. 
Now comes the fun part: Place strong adhesive on both Hippos you cut out. Place the first one centered in the oval and on the silver thread. Place the second one on the back of the first, sandwiching the thread between the two Hippos. Both cut outs should match each other. Turn the Hippo a couple of times around the thread and let go...a dancing ballerina.


Click on the picture on the right to see a little VIDEO on how the little Hippo Ballerina can dance. Isn't she lovely? Please leave me a comment at the end and let me know what you think and if you like to see more videos in my posts!
(Little technical problem: If you can't see the video by clicking on the picture please use the link above! First time for me to ad a video and somehow I haven't quiet figured it out :-) )

Like to join my card making classes or do you prefer a one on one teaching? Love to make pages or home decor items? Or do you love this or other cards on my blog and wish to purchase them????

No matter what it is, please fell free to contact me, I would love to hear from you...stay tuned




This is the stamp set used for this card:

"Safari Ballet" (A1180) for only $6.95

You can order the set from my website or just email me to same on shipping costs.

3 comments: